Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time Flies!


So school is starting Monday. Emiliee will be in the first grade! I can hardly believe it. It seem like just yesterday she was just learning to walk or go to Part Day enrichment for the first time. Her birth is still so fresh in my memory, like it just happened. She is turning into such a little lady. It's scary to think that in just 11 short years she'll be leaving for college or in just 14 short years she could be leaving on a mission or even be married and have or be starting a family! Thinking about all this has made me realize that I've been taking her childhood for granted. I wonder sometimes if I teach her what Heavenly Father is expecting of me? I wonder if I ask to much out of her? I hope that I can prepare her for the world so when it's her turn to cross the street and head out on her journey whether to go to college or a mission or on her wedding day that I can let her go with no regrets as how we raised her. I love my little princess so much and I just want her to remember her childhood with fun memories and with memories of being taught the right, of her parents praying with her, of them taking the sacrament each week, of them always doing their best, of us reading our scriptures together, of us having family home evening each Monday, of her parents attending the temple every chance they get, of how much we love and believe in the gospel, and most importantly of how much we love her no matter what! If she can look back on her life and have these memories, I know that we've done our best in raising her! Time Flies and these precious moments in their childhood are gone before we know it, sometimes it's ok to just let them have fun and not nag them about cleaning their room. I hope that as Holly grows that we can do the same for her and that Emiliee will be a great example to her little sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment