Friday, October 2, 2009

Grateful

So when we found out that we were coming here to TX I was so MAD! We were stationed at Keesler AFB/Biloxi,MS when Hurricane Katrina hit. We already had orders to PCS to Eglin AFB in Florida so they just sent us on there. Then after 7 months or so there the military informed us that we would be moving once again and this time to Lackland AFB! They actually moved someone from here to take David's spot in Florida, that was STUPID! But, here we are over 3 years later and I have just now come to realize just what a blessing it was for us to be here! If we hadn't been sent here I don't think we could've gotten preggo with Holly since Florida doesn't offer us fertility treatments and there would've been no way we could;ve finacially paid to go through them. So we were blessed with Holly and then when she was born we found out that she had a somewhat serious, possibly dangerous deformity that would need to be surgically corrected and we were blessed yet again to already be here in TX because one of the best Doctors in the nation for this particular surgery was right here in town, and on top of that the military would've probably made us move here anyways! We've met some Great people here and met up with some old friends. It's been great actually, despite my constant griping about the heat! I am just so grateful that our Heavenly Father watches out for us and is always in control. He knows what he's doing, even if we don't agree with him sometimes! I am grateful that David is in the military and that we have been fortunate to have the opportunities that we've had. We have orders to go to Japan in Feb, I really don't think we'll be approved but at least they considered us. Hopefully we'll get orders to go to Alaska or Hawaii, preferably Alaska. Or I won't be hurt if we don't get orders anywhere but to where we're at, I'll be a little disappointed, but not hurt. I think that people tend to take things for granted to much and are not appreciative enough of things that have been given to us! Sometimes whether we want to admit it or not we're exactly where the Lord wants us and he'll let things happen in his own time! I just want to say again how Grateful I am to a loving Heavenly Father who knows exactly what we need, despite our own feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment